Saturday 31 March 2012

Photo Montage

The expression on his face in this one cracks me up!
I've been looking through some photos of Felix this morning (I take WAY too many photos). I thought it would be fun to post some of my favourite photos of him and explain a bit about why they are special! I hope you enjoy them.

Our Little Miracle


The photo on the left was taken a week after we were told by the Doctors that Felix had hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain) and  it was highly likely that he would not survive. It is a very precious photo to us.

The one on the right was magical. Our beautiful friends paid for us to have a 4D scan as they may have been the only photos we would have of Felix alive. There were lots of tears as we saw his beautiful little face, and watched him wriggle around.


The moment we laid eyes on Felix for the first time. He was perfect!

The Paediatrician wanted to take him straight down the the Special Care Nursery, but our Midwife talked him into letting us have a snuggle for about an hour. It was a very special time as we kissed him and cuddled him and told him how much we loved him.



Fun with his Siblings


Feeding Daniel some watermelon
Web Cam fun with Bekah
Felix loves his oldest three siblings even though he doesn't see them as often because they have all left home now :(





Kisses for Amy
I love these ones

This was taken at his friend, Elijah's, Sesame Street  birthday party.  He loved the strings on the balloons the best!

Being a little bit grumpy
Felix is always full of mischief. He is constantly keeping us entertained with his crazy faces and funny noises. He's quite the little character. I can't wait to see what he does when he's older. I'm sure he'll be on stage one day; he's already such a little actor!

I could hear Felix laughing and talking in the cot one afternoon so I went in to investigate (he was meant to be sleeping). This is what I found. A cheeky little monkey who had taken his nappy off and, being a boy, was checking out what he'd found. (Right)


Daddy time
All class Felix!
Felix has loved 'Daddy time' from when he was a little baby. He always asks about Daddy, through signing, when he's at work. He was a little bit upset this morning and had a few tears when Daddy had to leave. It's enough to break your heart to see him sitting there crying and signing 'Daddy'.

This is such a good look. Felix had been playing with the dog's lead (draped around his neck), and then crawled into the bathroom. Good parenting! (Right)

Our gorgeous little water baby


I hope you've enjoyed looking at a tiny photographic glimpse of Felix. Just be thankful I don't make you sit and look at every single photo I've taken. It would take longer than the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. You would definitely need a jumbo size Coke and an extra large popcorn!!

I'll leave you with this one. You've heard of 'Where's Wally?" This one is "Where's Felix?"
Kids with Down Syndrome are like little rubber bands. It never ceases to amaze me how flexible  Felix is!




No comments:

Post a Comment