Friday 24 August 2012

Joy in Sadness

Today has been a sad one remembering our precious daughter, Eden Grace, on what would have been her 8th birthday. However, the closeness I felt to Nathan and our other kids today was beautiful. All of our older kids (who no longer live at home), sent me really touching messages as did other family members and friends. I am so thankful that I am surrounded by people who keep Eden's memory alive. It really is a blessing!

Our crazy, funny little boy!
This is only a quick blog today because I'm struggling to concentrate, but I just wanted to share this picture of Felix which made me smile today. Our friend, Jim, added this saying to a photo of Felix and sent it to us this morning. It was great timing because it certainly gave me a giggle. I just want to point out that the majority of people we have met since having Felix have been incredibly supportive. The people who have responded negatively to Felix are in the minority and I put a lot of their reaction down to ignorance. Hopefully this picture of Felix might make people think, and realise that those with Down Syndrome are not scary; in fact, they can be a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Felix's crazy face ;) So cute.

    Was thinking of you yesterday on Eden's birthday. I'm so glad you were able to find some peace and closeness with your family through your sadness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much x x x Felix makes this face whenever we ask him to now, so if one of us are feeling sad we ask him to make his 'crazy face'. He does it and then cracks up laughing, so it's hard to stay upset :)

      Delete