Thursday 11 October 2012

Very Observant

How can you argue with that face?
Nothing like being bossed around by a two year old who can barely even speak yet! Felix was sitting on the bed with me this morning, playing with his ipad. I was on my laptop, trying to put off getting up for a few more minutes because it was so cold. Felix was signing different animals as he pointed to the pictures of them on his 'Sound Touch' app. He would get my attention, sign the word and I would say things like, "Yes Felix, that's a cat" and I would sign it back to him. When he touched the picture of a donkey and signed the word, he looked at me expectantly and waited for me to sign it back to him. I was typing at the time, so I only signed with one hand (so the donkey only had one ear). Felix looked at me with his cute, little, impatient face and picked my hand up off the keyboard, and let me know that he wanted me to sign it properly.....with both hands! I dared not argue with him. I lifted both my hands above my head and signed 'donkey' correctly. With a satisfied look on his face, Felix went back to playing his game.

Just hanging out with his big brothers.
The same thing happened when Nathan got home from work. 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star' was playing and Felix was enthusiastically doing the actions. He always stretches both hands so 'high above the sky' that he could almost touch it. It's adorable! Problem is, we have to do the actions too; which is fine except that he studies us to make sure we're doing them properly. Heaven forbid if our fingers aren't 'twinkling' enough or if the diamond isn't high enough 'in the sky'. Felix will physically grab our hands and demand (without words), that we do it properly. We feel like the naughty school students with a really strict teacher. He's such a funny little man!

Much to our older boy's horror, I have been dancing around the house to the song 'Gangnam Style'. There is a lot of eye-rolling every time I'm singing it too, which makes me want to do it even more (Hahaha..sorry boys!) Secretly, I've been teaching Felix how to do the dance and today, in the car, on the way to school he gave his debut performance. The boys thought it was hilarious; there was Felix, sitting in his car seat, doing the hand movements and saying "Oo, Oo, Oo, Oo." I think they forgave me for doing it so much when they saw how cute he looked. We laughed all the way to school.
Fun in the sun.

Felix didn't have a sleep during the day today. He was still in his cot 'chatting' away an hour after I'd put him to bed, so I got him up again. I took the opportunity to rearrange his bedroom and give it a good clean. I put some brand new bedding in his cot and decorated the room so it looked completely different by the time I had finished. When I brought Felix into the room later he didn't know where to look first. He pointed at everything that was new, or was in a different place. He wanted to get into his cot (which I'd moved) and look at the cars and trains on his sheets and quilt cover. I was really impressed with how much he noticed. He was quite excited to get into bed tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment