Friday 22 February 2013

Supermodel Felix

Who, me?
Oh my goodness... Felix actually had a day time sleep today! He had been in his room for an hour and I could hear him playing and laughing. I was about to go in there and get him up, but all of a sudden he went quiet. I peeked into his room and, there he was, fast asleep on the floor, surrounded by his toys. He must have had a sudden wave of tiredness come over him because, usually, he will climb into his bed before he falls asleep. For the first time, in a couple of weeks, I was actually able to get some things done without my little shadow following me.

Such a little dude
A while ago I mentioned, in my blog, about how Felix and I were videoed, and I was interviewed, for a DVD being put together about 'companionable learning'. It was a really fun (even if I had stage fright when I was interviewed), and an exciting project to be a part of. Today, the photographer came back to get some more 'still' photos to enhance some of the things I'd said when I was interviewed. Felix was like a supermodel for the photographer. I could not stop laughing. He pulled out his whole repertoire of different poses and expressions; including his classic 'crazy face', which had the photographer in stitches.

Felix has been a bit cheeky the past few days, acting like a typical two year old. He's been giving us cheeky grins and then throwing things. He has been getting grumpy if things don't go his way, or if he gets frustrated. When we were getting to the end of the photos today, Felix got that little twinkle in his eye and started grinning, then he started throwing his toys, rather than playing with them. It's so hard to keep a straight face and tell him to stop throwing things and to be gentle. He does it all with such a huge smile on his face that it's almost impossible to tell him off without smiling ourselves.

How many hats can you wear?
The highlight for today was when I asked Felix to go and get a book, for one of the photos. He walked over, picked one up, and said "Book". He didn't sign it, he actually spoke it; not just once but several times. I couldn't contain my excitement. I kept saying to the photographer, "He's never said that before!" He must have thought I was mad. It was awesome! Felix carried the book over to Nathan and said "Dad" again as well. I wasn't sure if he would continue to say, "Dad" after the other day, but he said it about three times today. It's so exciting to see his speech develop; it's like he's just had a little burst of learning which is fantastic. I  wonder what he'll say tomorrow!






No comments:

Post a Comment