Wednesday 24 April 2013

Testing the Boundaries

Wearing his new (huge) tshirt
I noticed, recently, that there have been a lot of people from Russia stopping by to read my blog. I just want to say thank you to all of you. I have heard that there is very minimal support for parents of children with disabilities in Russia, so I really hope that you feel supported through my blog, even though we are miles away from each other. I admire the resilience and the strength of everyone raising a child, with Down Syndrome, in countries that don't have the same resources, and level of acceptance, that we have here in Australia. Welcome to you all, and much love to you and your precious family members.

Climbing out of the high chair
Felix is finally back to his cheeky self. He's such a busy little guy and really likes to test all the boundaries, like any other two year old. Lately, he insists on hitting the TV with his fist, whenever he is tired or wanting some attention. If we put him in his room for a few seconds, he usually comes out and leaves the TV alone for a while. Last night he went over to the TV and then turned to me with a huge grin on his face. I knew what he was about to do and, sure enough, he hit the TV. I put him in his room and when he came back out, he left it alone for a minute, but then went over to it again and smiled at me. He had obviously been thinking about being told off for punching the TV, so he decided to try something different. Instead of punching it, he used his pointer finger and poked it really hard, over and over. Such a little monkey! I had to keep a straight face (almost impossible), as I put him back in his room.

Trying to look innocent
One of the cutest things Felix does at the moment is the way he gives kisses. Gone are the days of him giving me dribbly kisses right on the lips. Instead, he will point to my cheek and then lean in and give me a kiss on the spot he had pointed to. After that, he will often point to the other cheek and kiss me there as well. It's one of those adorable things that makes my heart melt completely.

After being cooped up in the house so much, over the past couple of weeks, Felix grabs every opportunity to try and escape the confines of the house. He rushes to the door every time someone either arrives, or leaves our house, and runs as fast as he can (which isn't too fast, but I'm sure in his mind, he's sprinting!) He has been spending a lot more time in the backyard with the dogs, too. He is totally confident around them now and doesn't get knocked over by their excited tail's wagging so much any more. He likes to find their toys and then sneakily drop them into the water bucket, making a huge splash everywhere. He thinks it's hilarious and we need eyes in the back of our heads whenever he's outside. If he's this busy at 2 1/2, I can only imagine what he's going to be like at 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment